Sunday, 3 March 2013

9.3.6 Phytochrome and the control of Flowering

Flowering Cues: 
Plants have to coordinate the production of flowers to coincide with the best reproductive opportunity . There are many environmental cues that affect flowering however the photoperiod isthe most reliable indicator on time of the year.

The photoperiod is the period of day light in relation to dark. In northernly and southern regions, this photoperiod is a reliable indication of the time of year and therefore one of the most reliable indicators of the seasonal changes.

Short and Long day Plants:
Short day plants (SDP) typically flower in the spring or autumn when the length of day is short.
Long day plants (LDP) typically flower during the summer months of longer photoperiod.

Critical Night Length:
Experiments have shown that the important factor determining flowering is the length of night rather than the length of day.
Therefore, SDP have a critical long night and LDP will have a critical short night.

Phytochrome System:
The receptor of photoperiod is located within the lead but the cellular location of the receptor remains unclear. The chemical nature of the receptor is the molecule Phytochrome and phytochrome can be converted from one form to another by different types of light

5 comments:

  1. Prіntіng in a corpoгаte
    envіronment, you shoulԁ haνe enough to funԁ
    R&D organically. Then they moνеd agaіn baсκ to Boise.
    Aftеr ԁоing further research, I learned I wasn't very good at distinguishing itself from the competition, and how that was going nowhere? Valuation, however, are even more business likely. The topic of crowd funding will no doubt celebrate with a classy face tattoo saying MRS RIHANNA BROWN. Total Average Monthly Costs for a Mary Kay beauty consultant or director looking for opportunities to build a marketing list.

    Check out my homepage: http://pollycoke.org/

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are in point of fact a good webmaster. The web site loading pace is amazing.
    It kind of feels that you're doing any distinctive trick. In addition, The contents are masterwork. you have performed a excellent task on this subject!

    Feel free to visit my web page: how much should you weigh

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this
    topic to be really something that I think I would never
    understand. It seems too complicated and extremely broad for me.

    I'm looking forward for your next post, I will try to get the hang of it!

    my web page Click This Link

    ReplyDelete
  4. My brother suggested I would possibly like this website.
    He used to be entirely right. This publish truly made my day.
    You cann't imagine just how much time I had spent for this info! Thank you!

    My homepage intlsocialparticipation.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sure this post has touched all the internet
    visitors, its really really fastidious post on building
    up new blog.

    My page; home cellulite treatment

    ReplyDelete