- Firstly, milk is obtained from cows
- Then, the milk is treated in order to remove pathogens such as the TB bacillus with a process called pasteurisation
- The milk sugars are then converted into lactic acid.
- This is done by incubating the milk to about 45-46 degree centigrade with the addition of lactobacillus
- Lactobacillus produces the enzymes which helps to break down the milk sugar into lactic acid
- The acid will result in a lower ph, and this causes milk protein to solidify and this solidification of the oft the milk product is what we call yoghurt.
Tuesday, 14 February 2012
Understand the role of bacteria (Lactobacillus) in the production of Yoghurt.