- Begin by taking glucose power and dissolve it into a test tube and add to the same test tube benedict's reagent which is blue.
- Take the test tube and place it in a water bath (around about 60 - 70 degree centigrade)
- After just 2/3 minutes we can remove the test tube and what we would be would be a colour change from blue to orange *In weak solutions of glucose we will see a green colour developed*
- Put some starch powder into a spotting tile
- We will then add iodine solution (brown)
- If we add this to the spotting tile, we would see a change from the brown colour to a dark blue/black powder