Wednesday, 4 January 2012

2.28 Peristalsis

Explain how and why food is moved through the gut by peristalsis.

The important thing to remember about the gut wall is that they have muscle tissues which allows them to contract. The muscle is organised around the oesophagus, and when the muscle contracts the muscle gets shorter - this means the diameter of the oesophagus will decrease. Enters the gut and stretches the wall, this causes a reflex of the muscle behind the bolus, this contraction pushes the bolus downwards through out guts.

Diagram

1 comment:

  1. Djelloul: The Mafia has been portrayed in many ways in books and movies, and I
    don't have a quarrel with these portrayals, because the Mafia is a work of many facets. I suffered a lot of bullying and some sexual abuse and it compounded my identity problem. Newspaper production is known to be the most lucrative and respected industry in the modern age. Generally Tuyetkegel Blognic could be consisted of any types such as social, economic, political, art, cultural, terrorism, suicides, religious, health, technology, science, business, marketing, and disaster news. Until I was five I lived with my mother's
    younger sister Dorothy and my grandmother, who told me before she died that my mother had received letters from my father for some years after bringing me to New York.


    Feel free to visit my web page ... click here

    ReplyDelete