Tuesday, 22 November 2011

2.57 Composition of Blood

Recall the composition of blood: red blood cells, white blood cells, platelets and plasma.

  • In the blood 45% are cells and 55% are the plasmas.
  • Of the cells the types we have are red blood cells, known as Erythrocytes and the White Blood Cells and in the White blood cells we have phagocytes and Lymphocytes.
  • A plasma is largely composed of water.
  • Also in blood there are fragments of the dead red blood cells known as platelets. These play important role in clotting.

5 comments:

  1. Hello guys, my name is tihami mansoor and i have a biology exam approching rapidly after my holidays - please may you send me some newsletters regarding further updates on your blog because my dad forces me to revise as i get distracted easy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. no need for bad language tihami

    ReplyDelete
  3. why are you swearing man x

    ReplyDelete