Daniel's Biology Blog
Tuesday, 27 September 2011
Recall the meaning of the terms: dominant, recessive, homozygous, phenotype, genotype and codominance.
Lets breed a red flower with a white flower.
RR (red flower) x WW (white flower) => Pink (RW)
If you breed Pink (RW) with another Pink (RW) =>
you will get the following genotypes:
RR, RW, RW, WW
This means that there is a
25% chance that the offspring will be red, 25 % chance that the offspring will be white and 50% it will stay pink.
Share to Twitter
Share to Facebook
Share to Pinterest
Post a Comment
Post Comments (Atom)